Our C.A.R.E. (Children’s Activity and Recreation Environment) Program is available for children enrolled in CFSD elementary schools, grades K-5. In C.A.R.E. a secure, supervised learning and playing experience is provided to enhance the quality of the time a child spends away from parents and the classroom. C.A.R.E.'s relaxed atmosphere welcomes children giving them an opportunity to develop a sense of belonging in a positive afterschool community.
Valley View ELC provides the highest quality early learning experiences for children ages 2 ½ - 5 years old. Our inclusive program utilizes an emergent curriculum built on the natural interests and curiosities of the children. Early Childhood certified teachers intentionally design learning experiences to support social/emotional, cognitive and physical development that are aligned with Arizona Early Childhood Standards.
Read ALL of the following Important Information regarding the 20/21 School Year:
• K+ is first come first serve within registration time frames below...there are no guaranteed spots...the district will do its best to accommodate as many families as possible.
• In-District Families’ Kindergarten Plus applications will be considered first** when submitted starting December 2nd 2019
**In district families registering for Kindergarten Plus by open enrolling to another school within Catalina Foothills School District will have their Kindergarten Plus applications processed in the first 10 business day period, only if open enrolling to a Spanish or Chinese Immersion program. If Open Enrolling to a non-immersion program, Kindergarten Plus applications will be queued with all other Open Enrollment Kindergarten Plus applications.
• Open Enrollment Families’ Kindergarten Plus applications may be turned in during the same 10-business day window as In-District families. These applications will be time/date stamped and queued for the initial period for each school. After such time, Open Enrolled families' applications will be considered for placement starting December 16, 2019
• All Kindergarten Plus applications received after the corresponding time periods above, will be processed in the order that they were time/date stamped, regardless of in-district or open enrollment status.
In coordination with the District's commitment to learning Community Schools offers programs that expand and give more opportunities for students to practice these skills. The after-school programs offer students unique opportunities to explore a variety of activities and learn how to develop new skills. Through intramural and interscholastic sports students learn how to experience healthy competition as well as valuable team experience.
The Outdoor Adventure Program promotes and instills a healthy self-awareness and self-confidence, pushing one’s limits and learning respect for others and the environment. Our Outdoor Adventure program is here for anyone who has ever wanted to venture outside and experience all that the outdoors has to offer! Everyone on our Outdoor Staff is fun, friendly, helpful, and sincerely interested in making sure that your student has a great time on their trip! Feel safe sending your student with Guides who have certifications in Wilderness First Aid, Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics, Basic Water Rescue, Backpacking & Canyoneering and Food Sanitation. Our staff is well versed about the geology, ecology and history of the areas in which we operate, and we enjoy answering questions and sharing our knowledge with your student. We pride ourselves in having good equipment and taking care of it. We also work continuously to implement new and innovative ideas that make our trips even better and more comfortable for everyone. We keep our trip enrollment numbers small so we can put a personal touch on every adventure trip. We strive to make sure everyone receives individual attention!
Camp Foothills offers a wide range of learning opportunities and creates new experiences for students. Students learn how to develop and build skills, practice teamwork and build lasting relationships.
Summer at Camp Foothills
- Grades K-8: refers to 2018/2019 school year
- Located at Catalina Foothills High School, 4300 E. Sunrise Drive
- Weekly Sign-up: May 28 - July 26
- Options from 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Flexible Scheduling
- Pre-order Lunch by the day or week
- Ice Cream Wednesdays from Isabella's Homemade Icecream
Summer at Valley View Early Learning Center
- 3435 E. Sunrise Drive
- 2 1/2 year olds - entering Kindergarten
- Four, 2-week sessions: May 28 - July 19
- Options from 7:30am - 5pm
- Flexible Scheduling
Camp Foothills General Information
- All payments due in full at time of registration.
- Registration deadlines are the Wednesday before the camp start dates.
- Registration fee of $25 is nonrefundable.
- Late Registrations are subject to a $15 fee.
- Schedule changes are subject to a $10 fee.
- No Wait-lists will be taken
- Refunds of 75% are available through Wednesday before each camp starts.
- No Refunds will be given after the weekly registration deadline.